How To Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to Android
- Back up your chats on your old phone.
- Go to WhatsApp > Menu Button > Settings > Chat settings > Backup conversations.
- Transfer your External microSD card to your new phone if your WhatsApp/Database folder is located in your external microSD card.
- Please see below if your WhatsApp folder is located in your device’s internal memory.
- Install WhatsApp on your new phone.
- You must have the same phone number in WhatsApp that you had when you backed up your chats.
- Click Restore when prompted to restore your message history.
Note: You cannot restore chat history from any other phone type to Android, or from Android to another phone type.
Also it’s a good idea to copy over the media folder (Whatsapp/Media) from your old phone to your new phone so you can see any pictures in your transferred chats